Healthy Breakfast Options

Every Sunday I like to provide the membership with nutritional and lifestyle info! This week I thought I would focus on Breakfast Options.

Skipping breakfast can lead to overeating later in the day! Eating breakfast can give you energy and set the stage for smart food options throughout the rest of the day!! Choose breakfast options that combine good carbs and fiber with some protein.

1) Oatmeal- Oats contain beta-glucan, a type of fiber that has shown to lower cholesterol. Oats are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, folate, and potassium...making them not only good for your waist line but also your heart!

2) Great Yogurt- The type of tangy yogurt is loaded with calcium and plenty of protein which helps keep you feeling full for longer periods of time. Add fruit to your Greek yogurt to balance the meal.

3) Wheat Germ- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ gives you 15% if your recommended daily intake of Vitamin E and folate. Wheat Germ can be added to any cereal or smoothie!

4) Grapefruit- Studies have shown that people who eat a grapefruit before a meal loose weight faster due to the fruit's fat-burning properties and positive effects on your blood sugars and insulin levels.

5) Eggs- Healthy source of protein and Vitamin D.

Hope this information helps in choosing your breakfast options for this coming week!

Loading Conversation