Foods to Eat Post Work-Out
On Sundays I like to provide the membership with nutritional and lifestyle info! This week my focus is on Foods to eat Post-Work-out, as suggested for me to write about by the Rowntree Staff...always appreciate ideas to write about...keep sending them in!!
Protein and Carbs are the 2 keys to a good post work-out meal!
1) Eggs- contain 6.3grams of protein. Eat them raw or cooked!!
2)Quinoa- more protein and fiber than brown rice!
3) Orange Juice- instead of Gatorade, grab a glass of OJ which is loaded with more potassium and Vitamin C than sugary energy drinks!
4) Bananas- high in "good" carbs which will help you restore your body's levels of glycogen which helps rebuild damaged muscles
5) Salmon- high dose of protein and anti-inflammatory omega-3's to help rebuild muscles
6) Blueberries- high in antioxidants and triples your rate of recovery after an intense work-out!
7) Whole Grain Pita and Hummus- meat-free option high in carbs and protein
8) Dried Nuts and Fruit- soy nuts are especially helpful in building/repairing muscles
9) Sweet Potatoes- good source of cards with added bonus of B6,C,D, magnesium and potassium which will give your energy post work-out and repair muscles!
10) Kiwi-helps combat muscle soreness!
Can't stress enough..with all these foods you need to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated, improve muscle/cell repair, and keep your digestive tract moving!!